Friday, May 11, 2012

20 for $20 or less: Sawyer Insect Repellent

Previous:    1- Fox 40 Whistle
                  2- Nitrile Gloves
                  3- Mineral Mizer
                  4- Little Hotties

Sawyer Insect Repellent

This may be the most valuable item listed.  If you have ever had to deal with a tick bite and a resulting disease you will understand immediately.  Several years ago I contracted Lyme disease from one of the little buggers.  Fortunately I was diagnosed early and treated quickly.  Even in that short time it was not fun.  Ticks, mosquitoes and chiggers (red bugs) are the main pests when out in the woods and swamps.  Sawyer’s is like a force field.  Simply spray it on your clothing prior to wearing.  I hang mine from a clothes’ line to get good coverage.  Then wear them out in the field.  The secret ingredient is Permethrin.  It will stay on the clothes for up to 6 washing cycles.  I even spray my facemask I wear turkey hunting.  This is the first season I made it through without ticks or chiggers.  This is the best money you can spend.

Sawyer Insect Repellent $14.99

Next Bowhunter' Special: NAP Quikfletch

No comments:

Post a Comment